Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing - Place2Be
At Featherstone Primary School, we approach the welfare of our pupils in a positive way; all our staff reinforce the values and ethos of the school. We want our children to stay happy, feel secure and enjoy being in school in whatever activity they are taking part.
We aim to:
- To respect each child as an individual and to give each child the confidence and self-esteem to develop his or her talents to the full.
- To develop the whole child intellectually, morally, socially, spiritually and physically.
- To develop an effective three-way partnership between children, parents and school.
- To promote our children’s positive self-esteem we will encourage our children to think positively about themselves and to accept their own uniqueness.
- To provide opportunities for the children to feel valued and important by creating an awareness of the positive contribution they can make towards school and the community.
All our children should feel able to talk freely and openly to any member of staff if they have any worries or problems of any kind on a work or personal level. Staff always responds to children in an appropriate manner, offering advice, support, guidance and reassurance in conjunction with our other policies, including our Safeguarding Policy.
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing at Featherstone Primary School Mar 2021