How are parents involved?
Our school has an open door policy to parents ensuring we are always approachable so parents feel involved in the education of their child.
In addition our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child through a variety of different ways including:
- Regular meetings class teacher and support staff
- Meetings with the SENDCo
- Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next
- Home/school books to inform parents of important information
- Regular class newsletters to inform parents of what will be going on during the term
- Weekly parent updates
- Home reading logs
- Information on the school website
- Parents’ evenings
- Class workshops
- Signposting to parent groups
- Parents’ involvement in Individual Education Plans, Education, Health Care Plans, and Annual Review documents
For further information on Special Educational Needs at Featherstone Primary School contact: Mrs Theresa Harrington-Taylor (SENDco)