How are parents involved?
Our school has an open door policy to parents ensuring we are always approachable so parents feel involved in the education of their child.
In addition our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child through a variety of different ways including:
- Regular meetings with SENCo, class teacher and support staff
- Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next
- Home/school books to inform parents of important information
- Regular class newsletters to inform parents of what will be going on during the term
- Home reading logs
- Information on the school website
- Parents’ evenings
- Class workshops
- Parent drop-ins/coffee mornings
- Signposting to parent groups
- Parents’ views on Individual Education Plans and Annual Review documents
For further information on Special Educational Needs at Featherstone Primary School contact: Miss Theresa Harrington (SENco)